Pet Specialists of Monterey, Inc.
451 Canyon Del Rey Blvd, Del Rey Oaks, CA 93940 (831) 899-7387 (831) 899-4838 http://www.thepetspecialists.com/
Pet Specialists of Monterey provides state-of-the-art technology and diagnostics in a caring environment. We are open 24-hours a day, 365 days a year for Emergency and Specialty Veterinary Care.
No appointment is necessary, but please call ahead so they can expect you.
Take a right onto Highway 68 as you exit Laguna Seca Recreation Area. Follow five miles to Canyon Del Rey Blvd. Take a right. The building is in the shopping center immediately on the left.
Ten Common Situations which Require Emergency Care
- Difficulty breathing
- Hit by car
- Painful eye
- Temperature above 103.5 degrees Fahrenheit
- Ingestion of any possibly toxic substance
- Severe lameness in any limb
- Inability to pass urine
- Repeated vomiting or diarrhea
Ten Steps to Assist your Veterinarian in an Emergency
- Keep a file with your pet’s records and bring it with you.
- Be a good observer; know when your pet last ate, drank, urinated or defecated.
- Bring a sample of any abnormal stool, vomit, or urine.
- If seizures or fainting occur, time the length of these episodes.
- Control bleeding with firm, direct pressure on the way to the veterinarian.
- Start cooling overheated pets by applying cold water on the way to the veterinarian.
- Bring containers of any possible ingested toxins to the veterinarian.
- Check with a veterinarian before giving any home remedies or human medications.
- Be aware that a pet who is in pain may bite even its owner.
Above all, remember to keep your head. You may need to make important decisions regarding your pet’s care.