HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMERICA
While no personal fireworks are allowed at Pillar Point RV Park, Half Moon Bay or its' surrounding communities, there will be a grand fireworks show in San Francisco.
Pillar Point is the perfect place to stay if you have a mind to attend the grand 4th of July celebrations that take place on Pier 39! Just hop up to the BART station in Colma, (directions below) and take BART to the Embarcadero.
The free celebration lasts all day, starting at 10am, with fireworks capping the evening beginning at 9:30pm. (Directions on how to use BART to get to the wharf are at the bottom of this post)
2. If you don't want to hang out at the wharf all day, City Guides
offers free guided walking tours of San Francisco.
9:30 am – Japanese Tea Garden*Directions To Pier 39 using BART*
10:00 am – Chinatown
10:00 am – 1906: Earthquake And Fire
11:00 am – Japanese Tea Garden
11:00 am – Fisherman’s Wharf: A Hidden History
1:00 pm – American History in Golden Gate Park
1:00 pm – Japanese Tea Garden
1:30 pm – Chinatown
7:00 pm – North Beach By Night
Check the City Guides website to find out where to meet for the tour. Disregard the dates, just look for the tour and move to the third column to find out where to meet.
(While the tour is free, the Tea Garden itself, may request an entry fee of $6.00)
3. If you have a tow vehicle while you are staying at Pillar Point RV Park during the 4th, you may want to check out the 30th annual “Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular” starring the San Francisco Symphony at the Shoreline Amphitheater in Mountain View. 8pm.
Tickets: Start at $44 for lawn spots/Approx $10 for parking charge
4. View Fireworks From the Bay
Cruise departs from J-Dock at 8:45pm and returns after the fireworks, around 10:30pm. Tickets includes two drinks and light appetizers. $75 per person.
Blue & Gold Fleet
Cruises depart from PIER 39 at 8:15pm (alcohol free cruise) and 8:30pm; from Pier 41 at 8pm, 8:20pm, and 8:40pm; and from the Tiburon Ferry Terminal at 8:30pm. $85 per person. Family ticket packages are also available.
San Francisco Whale Tours
Cruise departs from B-Dock at 8:30pm and returns at 10:30pm. $50 per person.
5. Foster City Fourth of July Celebration - Join the City of Foster City and the Lions Club of Foster City for an all-day event filled with games, food, entertainment, dog parade and grand fireworks display! Monday, July 4th, 2016. 9 a.m. - 9:45 p.m We went to this celebration a year or so back and the fireworks were incredible!
6. Redwood City's Fourth of July celebration features a 7:30am Pancake Breakfast with the Redwood City Fire Department. At 8:45 a.m. the Parade Run 5k will begin. A car show starts at 9 a.m., followed by the Redwood City "Best of the West" Parade at 10 a.m. The fireworks show starts at 9:30 p.m., launched from the Port of Redwood City.
Take a left onto Highway 1 as you exit Pillar Point RV Park. Travel approximately 15 miles to exit 510. At the light, head straight across the the intersection and, if you are in your RV, take a right into the open air parking lot. Note the space number and pay for your parking at the kiosk before you cross the bridge to the station.
If you are in your tow vehicle, you may instead take a left and into the parking garage. Again, note your space number and pay for your parking at the kiosk inside the station.
Check out our video on "How To Buy A Ticket On Bart" to see how to purchase your ride ticket. In the video, we only go to the Powell Street Exit. You would choose "Embarcadero". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyl2g11KSqc
If you decide to get off on the Powell Street exit, you could actually catch the Cable Car to the Embarcadero. It's about an 8 block walk to Pier 39 once you arrive at the end of the line. (You can buy Cable Car tickets at the Visitor's Center right there at the Powell Street BART exit)
It's a 1.5 mile walk along the Embarcadero from the Embarcadero BART stop to Pier 39. You can walk, take a bicycle taxi or take the F train that makes a stop right in front of Pier 39. You will buy the F train ticket as you get on the trolley. SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave