) released its 2010 list of the Top 10 dog-friendly destination cities in the United States. The rankings are based on the quality of dog-friendly accommodations, transportation, beaches, parks, attractions, stores, dining and other things to do with your dog.
1. San Diego - The best dog beaches anywhere. Boutique hotels. Many trails and parks to hike and great weather year-round for outdoor dining.
2. Portland (OR) - Enjoy the famous rose gardens and the parks. Have food and drink at the Lucky Lab. This town is dog-friendly inside and out.
3. Austin - Dine in outdoor cafes. Visit the Zilker Botanical Gardens and take a walking or carriage tour. Enjoy many off-leash parks.
4. Northern Virginia - Visit outdoor monuments in Virginia and Washington, take a cruise just for dogs and dine or go to yappy hour in dog-friendly Old Town Alexandria.
5. San Francisco - Many off-leash beaches and areas. Shop and dine in many parts of town. Ride the cable car, walk the Golden Gate.
6. Boston - Tour Boston by boat or take the subway. Follow the Freedom Trail and visit nearby historic sites. Stay at many pet-friendly hotels.
7. Orlando - Glamorous pet-friendly resorts. Boat tour, shop Winter Park or Celebration. Dine at Sam Snead's. Attend concerts in Lake Eola Park.
8. Salt Lake City - View downtown from Ensign Peak. Ride the Temple Square Carriages and walk the downtown area. Visit an amusement park and many historical parks.
9. Charleston (SC) - Visit the beach or a number of plantations. Take a ghost tour or an eco tour.
10. New York - Great luxury hotels, famous shopping and outdoor dining. Watch a morning show, enjoy Central Park on leash and off.
Honorable Mentions: Anchorage, Chicago, Indianapolis, Minneapolis, San Antonio