At least 24 private parks across Texas still have campsites available
CROWLEY, Texas, June 27, 2011 – Procrastinators can take heart.
The Texas Association of Campground Owners (TACO) has identified at least 24 campgrounds, RV parks and resorts across Texas that still have campsites and cottages available for July 4th weekend.
“Fourth of July weekend is always one of our busiest weekends of the summer camping season,” said Brian Schaeffer, executive director and CEO of the Texas Association of Campground Owners (TACO), adding that most campsites and cottages and cabins are booked weeks in advance of the holiday weekend.
Most of the parks that still have campsites and cottages available can be booked through TexasCampgrounds.com. Here’s a sampling of 24 parks that still have campsites or cabins available for July 4th weekend:
- Almost Heaven RV Resort in Manvel: This park, which has a private lake and swimming pool and lots of shade trees, is close to fun family activities and attractions in Houston and Galveston.
- Austin Lone Star RV Resort, a Carefree RV Resort in Austin: This park offers pancake breakfasts on weekends, swimming pool and spa facilities, an exercise room, an onsite mini-mart grocery store and a fenced in pet exercise area. www.carefreervresorts.com
- Bay View RV Resort in Rockport: This 120-acre park has spacious RV sites, including pull throughs. The park is within walking distance of Copano Bay and Aransas Bay fishing piers. www.bayviewrockport.com
- Buckhorn Lake Resort in Kerrville: This park’s amenities include an 8,000 square foot, fully air conditioned event center, The Red Barn, features a full catering kitchen, seating for over 300 guests, a separate 35-seat big screen theatre, huge walk-in fireplace, restroom facilities and an outdoor covered patio. Two additional facilities are available for smaller groups. www.buckhornlake.com
- Chimney Park RV Resort in Mission: Located on the banks of a river, this park’s amenities include a boat ramp, recreation hall, pool, Jacuzzi and shuffleboard courts. The park is also offering free night stays to seniors over 55 as part of its Seniors Stay Free promotion. Details are available on the park’s Facebook page at http://Facebook.com/ChimneyPark
- Crockett Family Resort in Crockett: This is a full service RV park and marina with cabins. Centrally located between Houston and Dallas, Crockett Family Resort is a family-oriented park nestled on a trophy bass lake. Clubhouse facilities are also available for special events, reunions and rallies. www.crockettresort.com
- Guadalupe River RV Park & Nature Trails in Spring Branch: This park offers nearly 3/4 of a mile of beautiful Guadalupe River banks and recreational areas, which are popular for tubing, swimming, fishing, and other recreational activities. www.guadaluperv.com
- Hatch RV Park in Corpus Christi: This park is close to Corpus Christi area attractions, including the Texas State Aquarium, the South Texas Botanical Gardens and Nature Center, and the USS Lexington WWII aircraft carrier museum. www.hatchrv.com
- Hill Country RV Resort & Cottages in New Braunfels: This park has both RV sites and park model cottages available during the holiday weekend. www.hillcountryrvresortnb.com
- Laguna Shore Village in Corpus Christi: This park is located across the road from the Laguna Madre on the Gulf of Mexico. www.lagunashorevillage.com
- Pace Bend RV Park in Austin: This park is near the Pace Bend Wildlife Preserve and Lake Travis and just a few minutes from downtown Austin. www.pacebendrvpark.com
- Palestine Pines RV Campground and Marina Park Resort in Tyler: This park is located next to Lake Palestine. July 4th weekend festivities include live music on July 2nd and fireworks on July 4th. www.palestinepines.com
- Paul’s RV Park in Brownsville: This park has several sites available over the holiday weekend. www.paulsrvpark.com
- “R” Place RV Park and Campgrounds in Palestine: This park is located near Lake Palestine and Lake Jacksonville, both popular fishing and boating locations. Other attractions include antique shopping in the nearby towns of Palestine and Rusk, old-fashioned steam engine rides in Rusk and wildlife viewing at the Grapeland Drive Thru Safari and the Caldwell Zoo. www.rplacervpark.com
- Roadrunner RV Park in Johnson City: This park, located in the Texas Hill Country, is close to Stonewall, site of the LBJ Ranch and Presidential Office in the Texas White House. Visitors can learn about the Johnson Family, the Texas White House and see the president's cars in the hangar. In Johnson City, visitors can tour the home where LBJ grew up. Fireworks displays are also available nearby. www.roadrunnerrvparktexas.com
- Sandy Lake RV Resort, a Carefree RV Resort in Carrollton: This park features easy access to any part of the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex and is only a 20 minutes from Love Field, DFW Airport, major hospitals, and shopping malls. The Sandy Lake Amusement Park is just across the street and has over 20 rides for adults and kids. www.carefreervresorts.com
- South Forty RV Park in Giddings: This park is part of the Ross' South Forty Longhorn Ranch, a ranch dedicated to preserving the Texas Longhorn cattle breed. The park features an enclosed pool and hot tub area, an onsite library and recreation hall for groups and get-togethers. www.southfortyrvpark.com
- Sunset Point RV Resort in Marble Falls: Located on Lake LBJ, this park offers swimming, fishing and boating. www.sunsetpointlbj.com
- Texan RV Ranch in Mansfield: This park has both pull-through RV sites and cabins available for the holiday weekend. The park will offer free hot dogs, popcorn and cookies all day July 3rd at the park office and convenience store. www.texanrvranch.com
- Travelers World RV Resort, a Carefree RV Resort in San Antonio: This is the closest RV Park to the Riverwalk and the Alamo. The city bus line can pick up guests at the park’s door and take them to all the attractions. A wonderful municipal golf course is adjacent to the park and tennis courts are nearby. An 8-mile long hike and bike trail is also located nearby. www.carefreervresorts.com
- Watts RV Park in Gilmore: This 26-acre park features four fishing ponds stocked with channel catfish, crappie and perch, and no fishing license is required. The park also offers water volleyball and sand volleyball facilities as well as walking trails and BBQ facilities. An onsite restaurant also serves breakfast and lunch with catering available for groups and rallies. www.wattsrvpark.com
- Woodsy Hollow Campground & RV Resort in Goodrich: The lake at the park is open to electric, paddleboats and kayaks and has three fishing docks. Crappie, catfish, bass, and brim are pulled in year-round at Woodsy Hollow. www.woodsyhollow.com
The Texas Association of Campground Operators publishes and distributes the Texas RV Travel & Camping Guide to Texas each year. For more information about the 2011 directory or for statistics involving the latest camping trends in Texas and New Mexico parks, please contact Brian Schaeffer at (817) 307-0129 or visit www.texascampgrounds.com and www.texascabinrentals.net.